Confident Corp D/b/a CreditFirm.net (hereinafter “Company”) is dedicated to protecting your privacy and providing you with the highest level of service. This Policy explains what Company does to keep information about you private and secure. This Policy covers only information that you provide to Company or that it obtains about you from companies that you have chosen to do business with. Please read this Policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect about you comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, and telephone number, or other information that you provide to us over the phone or in documents or applications,
- Information about your transactions, such as your account balances with your creditors, payment histories, account activity, and all other information that may be contained in your credit card statements or other reports relating to your debt, and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies and other sources, such as your credit bureau reports, collection agency reports or other communications, and other information relating to your payment histories, creditworthiness, annual income, or ability to satisfy your obligations.
We reserve the right to, and will, sell or transfer your personal information to third parties for any purpose in our sole discretion. We prohibit the sale or transfer of personal information to non-affiliated entities for their use without giving you the opportunity to opt-out. We may disclose such information in order to effect or carry out any transaction that you have requested of us or as necessary to complete our contractual obligations with you. We may also share your information with service providers that perform business operations for us, companies that act on our behalf to market our services, or others only as permitted or required by law, such as to protect against fraud or in response to a subpoena. We may also share or transfer our information in the event we transfer or sell your account or our business assets to another provider.
By carrying out those services, we may disclose your information, as we see fit and as permitted by law, to your creditors, credit card companies, collection agencies, banks, and other entities and individuals specifically necessary to effect, administer and perform our services.
- the information we collect about you,
- how that information may be used,
- with whom it may be shared,
- how you may update the information you provide us,
- and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
You may access and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal information. However, we may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you, to the extent that you provide it to us as noted below under the heading entitled “User Provided Information”. When you provide personal information through our Site, the information may be sent to our servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
User Provided Information. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Site or provide to us in some other manner, such as when you contact us for help or you sign up to receive information from us relating to promotions, site updates and special offers. This includes identifying information (such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number), and any other personal information you choose to provide while using our Site or the Services.
Third Party List Information. We may also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from third party data gathering sources. We may match this third-party collected information with the personally identifying information that you provide to us. When obtaining this information from third parties, CreditFirm.net seeks assurances from the third parties that it has the right to provide the information to us.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Information Collection Technology. We and our business partners, such as advertisers, may use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site. For example, we and our business partners may collect and store non-personally identifying information through technologies such as cookies, log files, clear gifs (also known as web beacons), and other tracking pixels and third parties to help determine user viewing preferences for advertising and other purposes.
• Log Files. Technical information from your browser is automatically collected when you visit our Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, operating system, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
• Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer that tracks non-personal information about the user. When using our Site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies which enable us to improve the quality of our Service and to personalize your experience. Cookies allow us to automatically collect information about your activity on our Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while using our Site. The cookies do not store any personally identifiable information about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to access our Site, but you may not be able to use all of the interactive features we offer. Additional information on cookies can be found at: https://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm.
• Web Beacons. We, or our advertisers, may use standard Internet technology such as web beacons (or “clear gifs”) and other similar technologies, to gather aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and the quality of our Site.
Sponsor or Link Websites. Links or sponsor websites may be presented in a manner that allows us to keep track of whether the links or sponsor sites have been used. We use this information to improve the quality of our Site, to track advertising, and to personalize your online experience. Please be aware, however, that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
No Information From Children.
Information Use and Sharing
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY USE INDIVIDUAL INFORMATION FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. We may match any of the technical information we gather to any personally identifying information or other information we have obtained from or about you or third parties to provide you offers and improve the content of the Site and Services for you. Examples of some of the ways we use or share information that we collect about you includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• provide you with products or services, including the display of customized content, advertising, and services;
• provide technical or customer support;
• perform research and analysis to gauge use of or interest in products, services, or content offered on our Site, and to develop new services;
• communicate with you by e-mail about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
• enforce our terms and conditions, or otherwise manage our business;
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Communications from this Website. Unless you have opted out of these features where available, we may use your information in a variety of ways to communicate with you, such as through email, newsletters, RSS feeds, service announcements, or for customer service.
Personal Information. Unless you have opted out where available, we may rent, sell, or share any of your information, personal or otherwise, with third parties, including without limitation for the following purposes: Service providers; Customer Service: We may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with third party service providers in connection with the Services we provide or your request for customer service on our Site.
• Business partners: When you express interest in promotions offered through our Site or our Services, we may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with the relevant business partners or affiliates to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your personal information address and other information to that business so that they may contact you.
Special Notice to California Residents.
CreditFirm.net will not share any personal information about you with other companies to the extent prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law. California residents may, no more than once per calendar year, request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To be valid, requests must be submitted to us at CreditFirm.net. Within thirty days of receiving this request, we will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties.
We give our users the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our Site at the point where we ask for the information. Please be aware that this may result in our not being able to provide certain services to you that require us to share information with third parties. If you choose to receive communications from us but later wish to discontinue receiving communications or our Services, you can opt-out by any of the following means:
Visit the following URL and request to opt-out: https://www.CreditFirm.net/opt-out
Send an email to: info@CreditFirm.net
Send mail to: CreditFirm.net Attn: Opt-Out, 1020 N. Milwaukee Ave, Suite 122, Deerfield, IL 60015.
Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party. To opt-out of communications from our third party business partners, please contact them directly.
Updating Your Information
If you have questions or want to update your personal information, please contact us via email at: info@CreditFirm.net, or by mail at CreditFirm.net, Attn: Privacy, 1020 N. Milwaukee Ave, Suite 122, Deerfield, IL 60015.
Information Retention & Security
CreditFirm.net stores your information for no less than one year from the time of initial submission, as well as automated personal information we collect about you. However, if we collect your social security number or credit card number we will only store that information for a limited time unless extenuating circumstances or the law require otherwise.
CreditFirm.net takes appropriate security measures to protect our users’ information against unauthorized access, loss, alteration, or destruction. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as digital encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal information. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who have a “need-to-know” that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services, and who are bound by confidentiality requirements. We want you to feel confident using our Site to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Visitors Outside the United States
1020 N. Milwaukee Ave, Suite 122, Deerfield, IL 60015