Changes to the Credit Reporting System have been announced which will change everything.
1. Consumers will now have access to 2 free credit reports per year at www.annualcreditreport.com. To get your second free report, a consumer will need to have initiated an investigation with a credit reporting agency and had a change to their credit report take place due to the investigation.
2. Medical debt in collections will be subject to a 180-day waiting period before reporting on a consumer’s credit report (previously 30 days). This will help mitigate the damage collection agencies do against consumers because of delayed payments from insurance companies. According to a recent report from the CFPB, about 43 million Americans have unpaid medical collections reporting on their credit reports.
Now, here’s the BIG News!
3. The 3 credit reporting agencies – Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion – will change how they investigate errors and process disputes on consumer credit files. Actual human beings will now review the errors in question and process investigations on behalf of the credit reporting agencies. This is a HUGE change to the highly automated credit reporting process in which only 15% of investigations were processed by the credit bureaus. The remaining 85% of the investigation requests were forwarded to creditors, so that they could investigate and police themselves.
According to these new changes, trained agents will review disputes sent in to the credit bureau and conduct an actual investigation into the accounts in-question instead of passing the buck to the creditor. This should make fixing consumer credit errors much more simple and make the entire credit repair process much faster and more efficient.
If you’re ready to take advantage of these changes, get started today.
Why Choose CreditFirm.net?
Assurance. Our Credit Repair process was developed by experienced attorneys.
Speed. Documents are typically processed and sent out for investigation within 3-5 days.
Support. Award winning customer service guarantees your satisfaction.