The Financial Awareness Video Festival will announce the names of the winners this month.
The New York Fed is currently running two concurrent festivals: one in New York State and northern New Jersey, and one in Puerto Rico. In each region, local college and university students are challenged to create a 30-second video on following subjects;
- Establish and maintain good credit
- Improve your credit score
- Check your credit report
- Repair Bad Credit
The winner will receive:
- $2,500 team prize
- Video will air in local movie theaters ($6,000 value)
- Professional career advice
Videos submitted for contest will be scored based on the following criteria:
Content Accuracy (20%)
- Are data or statistics presented accurately?
- Are the facts presented accurately?
- Are key terms defined correctly?
Financial Behavior (20%)
- Will the video motivate responsible financial behavior?
Connect (17 – 25 year old young adults)? (30%)
- Will the video connect to the target audience (17 – 25 year old young adults)?
- Is the video unique in conveying the message in its presentation?
The winner will be notified during an award ceremony to be held in late January 2013, where all participants who submitted a video will be invited to attend.